Friday, July 24, 2009

Hanoi, Vietnam




By a chance I went to Hanoi during Jan 2009. It is very rush and limited time to prepare my luggage. I was told to confirm the trip on the next day for a business trip to Hanoi. My colleagues was telling me the wheather there is nice and cool. So..I thought the cool is something like Genting Highlands. And bravery and clevery I bought no long pants at all with all short pants and skirts. Wiew!!!!


The first night I arrived was very cold and I believe it is aroun 7 degree celcius only at night and I'm shaking. We went to a back street to have hot porridge. It is very very nice which I cant describe well and the chair and table is small like for kids. It's an great experience.


There's lake with the legend of a turtle which will only appear once a year. Whoever saw the turtle, they will have good luck. People have jog around the lake and the scenery is so beautiful and nice at the mroning.


We went to a coffee shop and from there I took the pic of the street. If you see carefully the electric wires are mixing. How do they fix it if there's a problem with the wires? hrm....


This is the dish very famous in Vietnam. It's soemthing like hot pot with fish. They will put lots and lots of vegetables cook with the fish and eat with the rice and some sauce. It's very nice to have it during the cooling wheather.


At the cooling night, we use to 'yam cha' at the restaurant or coffee shop. Here, we experience different type of 'yam cha' style. We went to a corner of the street, sitting at he small chair with small table (like those for primary students), come with a bowl of hot peanut soup and some 'gua zhi'. Wow.....the feeling is just nice and relax.....It's great!


Vietnamese eat plenty of vegetables and they seldom eat meat, they walked a lot as well. So... their body size is so small. The funniest thing is ..you know ladies are shopholic. I went to the night market with short pant, hills at 7 degree celcius. You know.... the people look at me like I'm a monster. Hahahha...... Alright....I'll make sure next time bring enough cloth. Hahah...





0 Yoyo: