Sunday, October 3, 2010

No Black Tie

If you are a truly music lover, I will suggest this place to you. – No Black Tie. It is located nearby Hotel Istana. This is a very special, unique and classical music place specially dedicated for those music fans classically attracted. I was there without pre-arrangement, as such, there’s no pictures available and will update if I return the place again.

Guests there are eventually enjoy the performance by the artist on stage. The one I went is the Blues music live band vocal by Richard Jackson, drummer by Lewis Paragasm, Pianist by Tay Cher Siang and Guitar by Jose Thomas and Bass by Norman Rahman.

I found Richard Jackson is a very humble and friendly guy. During his performance, I can see how he enjoys the singing with his talent. He has performed at Singapore, Bangkok , Shanghai and many places. According to the introduction, he has performed with Jeremy Monteiro Trio, Donal Jackson Trio and also during Jazz Festivals.

Tay Cher Siang is the pianist for the night. I can’t describe how good is his playing with his flying fingers hit on the notes smoothly, perfectly nice. He was awarded Young Artist Competition Winner and has joined many concerts as classical and Jazz pianist. I’m sure you will like him if you like Jazz.

Not much info I can find for the rest but they are pretty good combination all together. If you enjoy listening classical music through the players, live band will bring you extremely different lively feel of music. You will see everybody in the room enjoying the music without talking.

Cover charge is different from RM 20-RM40. But it is really worth of it as the live band performance will not let you down. You can check out their different schedule from their website at http://www.noblacktie.com.my/tmpnbt/ . I hope I can go to watch performance by other different artists again.

Address
17, Jalan Mesui
Off Jalan Nagasari
50200 Kuala Lumpur

Phone
+603 2142 3737

0 Yoyo: