Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 1 & 2 - Arrival and walk around in Brisbane

I've planned this time trip since a year ago and finally I got to the place that I wanted to go for so long. This is a wonderful birthday trip that I planned for myself as the greatest gift of my life. No sponsorship....na!!! All by my own and I pretty enjoy it.

I've been very busy the week before my flight and something happened that dragged my feeling from heaven to the ground badly. Within a week, I experienced the unhappiness, tire, busy time before my actual trip. Till the night I boarded for flight, I didn't feel the excitement and happy at all. Kinda sad feeling for a wonderful trip right?

I touched down at OOL airport and got a transfer to Brisbane where my friends staying. The weather is so nice because I chose to go during winter. Once I reached my friend's house, I fall asleep on her bed badly till evening. Soooooo tired. Now! Woke up and fresh mind and I'm travelling! Come on! Cheers up!

First night, I met with my group of friends and went for Korean dinner with hot steamboat. How nice ya! such cooling weather with hot & spicy steamboat. After dinner, we went to Mt Coot-tha. So cold!!!!! The night sky is so clear that I saw the stars are blinking over my head. The city lights are so clear and beautiful. How long I have not seen such clear sky with shining stars? Err...pretty sad isn't it?

Second day...let's start my journey in Brisbane city. I'm staying at St Lucia by the way. We got the ferry to the Brisbane city. We went to Eagle Street Pier market. There are not many stores but quite a nice place to walk around. There's an old grandma kneeting at the store and sell the hats and scaft. There's musician at the pier playing nice and joyful music. From there, we can see the story bridge.

Next we went to Chinatown and have a look. It's not much but this is a place with all types of food in Brisbane. Perhaps you wanna try Freeestyle Dessert which I heard it is very famous. Unfortunately I didn't make it. Tell me if you did! Then we went to art gallery and there are many paintings that required lots of time to read the stories of each exibite items. But I'm have not enough time for that.

Times up to church! We attended the Sunday service at UQ lecture hall. We passed by the lake in the campus, it's amazing beautiful scenery like painting. It's so true and unbelievable that I have seen such nice place.

How long I've not having worship together with the college students already since I moved to KL? Once again I feel their passion on God and which we working people might have lost some of our passions on God.

Dinner time.....we went to the Thai restaurant nearby. Oh....lots of coconut milk anyway. First night is cold for me...second night...I'm little bit use to it already.

0 Yoyo: