Sunday, May 18, 2014

KL Jazz Festival 2014

It looks like the publicity of the KL Jazz Festival 2014 is not that successful as most of the people do not aware of this event. I get to know this event by coincidently checking a website and won the limited entrance ticket by participating a contest. When I thought of Jazz... I thought of a comfortable environment with nice alcohol drinks with some bar set-up concept.

First of all, the KL Jazz Festival's venue is at University of Malaya. So.....no alcoholic drinks can be found and not much choice of foods for chill. Secondly, the limited entrance ticket is only get to access the outdoor stage which was with tents set-up. In front of the stage is an empty space for standing audience I guess (but it's raining....), followed by the PA systems tents, another empty space, then the audience seats with tents covered. It was raining and we're sitting furthest from the performance stage till the rain stopped.

But it's great enough for me to catch up David Tughan & Ezra Brown with the band. I enjoyed David Tughan's jazz in the small theatre which I think I can sweetly fall asleep. It's so relax to hear him sing.

Ezra Brown is a great saxophonist and he is very good to have interaction with the audience. He went down from the stage and he came in front of me where I seated like he is performing just for me. Wow! This is awesome! Of course the musicians of the band played very well too!

I really wish I have enough time to catch up the rest of the performance. :)







0 Yoyo: